Ammar's Blog

What's Past Is Prologue

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Forgiveness, Part 2- Is there trust afterwards?

My last post had a purpose behind it and I really hope everyone got the jist of it.

The reason why I wrote that post was because I recently went through an experience with a friend where I ended up the bad guy. After being a brother to the person, all good deeds were washed away with just one phone call and my integrity was being questioned.

Honestly, I did not expect things to become so sour between us and unfortunately they did. After the situation was finalized and the person apologized to me, I truly am trying to forgive the guy and I am trying to forget. And I think I have made great progress in those two areas.

What I am trying to get my hands around is could I EVER trust the person after such an incident? The answer to this question simply, is NO. How can I ever trust a person who betrayed me, betrayed my trust, and most importantly, questioned my integrity?

But, that's just me!!!

I just want to say a final word. There is a relevant proverb:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home